11/9/2013 Kings vs Trail Blazers L 85-96
- Ben Mclemore continues with his smooth stroke at the three point line. He has a quick release and he might snatch up the starting position from Marcus Thornton soon due to Thornton’s inability to make a basket these first couple of games.
- Demarcus Cousins again with a 30+ point performance to another loss. Big man ran down the court for the smooth finger roll, but if I were him, I would have hit Jimmer in the corner for the trey, that’s just me. For some reason Cousins doesn’t trust Jimmer, and I have noticed that for these past two seasons.
- The defense is a big issue, where the Kings allow too many three pointers after one of our players fails to stay in front of their man during a drive, where the kick-out three is deadly due to the help defense. Robin Lopez couldn’t handle Demarcus Cousins the whole night but Lopez made many key plays but tipping the ball for offensive rebounds during some important moments when the Kings tried to come back. Portland’s offensive rebounds and second chance points killed the Kings. Even Damian Lillard had an off night and the Blazers managed to beat us, not good.
- Expect changes to the starting line-up, because there are always slow starts in the first and third quarter from the current starting line-up. Demarcus Cousins is the only guaranteed starter according to Michael Malone.
- I would like for the starting line-up to be:
PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Ben Mclemore
SF: Travis Outlaw
PF: Jason Thompson
C: Demarcus Cousins
- If you think there should be a different starting line-up, send me a message, because I love chatting it up with Kings fans.
Kings Record: 1-5